In honor of spooky season, let’s talk spooky skincare. Avoid committing these 9 skin sins.
- Over exfoliating – Exfoliating too often can lead to rough, dehydrated, patchy and flakey skin. Signs of over exfoliation are redness, dryness, flakiness, acne, increased oil production and shine.
- Touching the product dropper to your skin – Dropper applicators should not touch the skin. That gives bacteria the opportunity to enter and contaminate the product.
- Sleeping in makeup – Not removing makeup before bed can lead to inflammation, irritation, premature aging and more.
- Taking skincare advice from influencers – Most of the time, skincare influencers have not done the proper schooling to give accurate advice about the skin. Instead, take advice from dermatologists and licensed aestheticians who see and know your skin.
- Ghosting your appointment – Don’t miss out on the opportunity to give your skin professional treatments. Plus, ghosting appointments usually leads to a no-show or late cancelation fee.
- Not wearing sunscreen – Sunscreen is vital in reducing the risk of skin cancer and premature aging.
- Buying products off of Amazon – Always check to make sure you are buying skincare products from an authorized seller. Shopping skincare from Amazon runs the risk of buying counterfeit or expired products, sometimes at a higher sticker price than the retail one.
- Skipping annual skin exam – Regular skin exams by a dermatologist are important to examine the skin, identify concerns, and screen for early signs or symptoms of skin cancer.
- At home treatments – These usually do more harm than good. It’s best to go to the professionals for any and all treatments.
Comments are closed.